9.05.2012

Depending upon too many people + car buying + going on two months with out a paycheck + taking care of 26 children - living with family - supportive fiance/one person = stress

Funny things first.
Bella went into heat on Sunday. It was a source of amusement as we were all grieving the loss of our friend. It was quite hilarious as she stuck her butt into all the animals faces, and rolled around on the ground desperately trying to attract a mate. So she got spayed. I officially own only it's now. Hooray! I will see if I can get the video to load of her bizarre behaviors. She is also quite the sweet little kitten when she is on painkillers - and she likes them too. Thank you SNAP!

Tyler's things second.
I admit, Tyler can ride faster than me, but I think it might have something to do with he has a bigger bike, bigger muscles, and more gears than I do. More gears means less effort for power out put. Tyler had some issues that were quickly fixed, like most novices we forget just how much our feet will swell when we ride 20+ miles. Bike shoes are designed to be hard and to support your entire foot as you are only pushing with one part - hard sole = using the whole foot where as a soft soled shoe will only allow you to use one part of your foot, which means you would be in pain a lot faster. Also we discovered that my perfect fiance is pigeon toed. Which means when he stands his feet point outwards, so when you are clipped into to your pedals your shoe cleats are holding your foot down, which if you are pigeon toed means there is unnecessary outward force on your knee, which means it will hurt after you stop riding. And it will hurt a lot. Also his butt needs to get used to riding - which takes about 100 miles. So guess what we are doing this weekend!

Tyler also got his territory yesterday! Hooray! He is basically a cold seller - which means he just walks into the business and says "I have this product to offer you and here is why you need it/or why it is better" So far he has only definite maybes - I think that is a wonderful start for his first day. Today is his second day - I am keeping my fingers crossed and my positive energy with him today!

Liz things third.
The pressure of being broke, driving someone elses vehicle, and not having a watch that can keep time is stressful. Apparently the person who filed my papers at the HR in HISD quit. So my paperwork got lost in the jumble, and to top that off the payroll program at my Elementary school isn't working correctly so those two things combined together means that I have not been paid. Which means I am broke. I also have not been paid by Heritage Oaks - but that is monthly, which is fine.

The novelty of driving a '85 Mercedes-Benz has worn off. I am in the process of trying to acquire a new vehicle - which is proving more stressful than I thought it would be. I am most certain that I will get the loan.

Also my watch likes to either be really fast or really slow it can't make up its mind. Which stresses me out. Wearing a watch stresses me out - but I need it because I'm constantly looking at what time it is for my students. Literally every five minutes. It is amazing how fast these little people can complete work some times.

I need to remember that they don't know what I know, and should stop expecting them to have the knowledge of a college graduate. But they always surprise me - like a first grader telling a third grader today who the Mayor of Houston was - which I didn't know until last November. I am so behind on Houston politics.


No comments:

Post a Comment